Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Oshkosh MaTickle Squeeze


A few things on my (vegetarian) mind:

Jacob coined a new nickname for Matilda. He was laughing and tickling Matilda when he fused her name with Tickle. MaTickle was born. We can't stop laughing.

Yesterday Jacob and I had back-to-back dental appointments. While his went well, mine resulted in scary words like "graft" and "gum" being used in the same sentence. Ick.

I was talking with a friend today about humane slaughtering practices. I'm a huge fan of Temple Grandin and her curved corrals which calm animals as they are led to slaughter. She also invented a squeeze machine for autistic people who are calmed by physical pressure contact, but cannot tolerate hugs. Fascinating!

My ballet teacher says I need to use my bum more. So if on your way to the Metra this afternoon, you saw a tall woman in a green jacket doing a very poor impression of a Monty Python Silly Walk, that was me. Trying to raise my knees higher whilst walking. To use my bum more.

1 comment:

  1. Gum grafty sounds scary - I hope you don't have to be awake for that....
    On another note, I learned all about cattle dip vatte's at work yesterday and am now considering becoming part vegetarian. I don't think I could cut out all meat, but it will be very hard to eat any red meat after what I learned yesterday.
    You're also good inspiration L!

    ReplyDelete