Friday, May 15, 2009

In preparation for our summer of veggies, we ate an entire package of salami for dinner last night. Considering the substantial heartburn that I experienced soon after, I'll remember this experience and remind myself of the pain and discomfort during those dark summer days when I crave all things meaty.

Matilda, on the other hand, does not show the slightest interest in eating animal flesh. She's my guide for the summer; stuffing green beans into her trap with glee and begging for bananas each morning. I've spent the last 16 months as her teacher, now it's her turn!

The countdown begins: The first farm share drop-off is June 13. That's less than a month until my cheeseburger cravings will be allayed by bean burgers. Oh boy!

Love and kisses,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment